We sought comments on the question: Do you think that the criteria used for deciding where to focus the Mega Program are the most essential and relevant? What specific criterion you feel is non-essential or is missing.
Results from the survey:
Strongly agree: 28.9% Agree: 55.6% Disagree: 6.7% Strongly disagree: 0% No opinion: 8.9%
Contributors to the blog generally agreed with the criteria, but identified additional ones to consider:
- Potential contribution to post-conflict situations
- Connectedness within the region: ease of cross-border movement and relations with other countries
- Needs to be people-centered: where are there pockets of development of specific activities?
- Overall significance of the specific value chain in GDP
- Socio-political dimension and country development program in the country
- Innovation capacity
- Governance, such as for service delivery
- Nutritional value
- Potential for impacts from scientific advances