In mid-2012, stakeholder discussions and planning for the Livestock and Fish small ruminant value chain development project were initiated by the International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA), the International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) and national partners.
Rapid value chain assessments were conducted in each of eight selected sites. The preliminary reports from these assessments were reviewed at three multi-stakeholder workshops where participants validated the value chain analysis and formulated initial ‘best bet’ intervention plans for each of the sites.
The reports describe the various value chains, assess strengths and weaknesses, and list ‘best bet’ interventions for each of the sites:
- Analysis of goat value chains in Sekota Abergelle district, northern Ethiopia
- Analysis of sheep value chains in Horro district, Oromia region, Ethiopia
- Analysis of goat value chains in Yabello district, Borana zone, Ethiopia
- Analysis of sheep and goat value chains in Shinelle district, Somali Region, Ethiopia
- Analysis of sheep value chains in Menz Gera district, North Shewa zone, Ethiopia
- Analysis of goat value chains in Tanqua Abergelle district, Tigray, Ethiopia
- Analysis of sheep value chains in Doyogena, southern Ethiopia
- Analysis of sheep value chains in Atsbi Woreda, Tigray Region, Ethiopia