Where does the program work, and what does it work on? A key aspect of the research approach we chose was to focus on selected value chains in specific places (see the specific sites).
At the core of the Program are a small number of carefully selected national meat, milk and fish value chains that were judged to have high potential for transformational improvement ‐ from the producer to the consumer (see the proposal to know how they were selected).
Applying the various filters and the evidence available, the following value chains are selected for focus in this program [See which projects we are working on]:
- Egypt: small and medium-scale aquaculture value chains
- Ethiopia: small ruminant value chains in mixed crop‐livestock systems
- Mali: small ruminant value chains in mixed crop‐livestock systems
- India (selected states): smallholder dairy value chains
- Nicaragua/Honduras: dual‐purpose cattle value chains
- Tanzania: smallholder dairy value chains
- Vietnam: smallholder pig value chains
- Uganda: smallholder pig value chains